Monday, April 17, 2023

Time Travel

  If I Could Turn Back Time

If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that have hurt you
And you'd stay

Unfortunately you can’t turn back time.  What has happened, has happened.

If I could turn back time,  then I would revisit those moments in my life that haunt me even today.   In kindergarten agreeing that I won’t be friends with Robbie Carter any more; berating my son before a Madison Muskies’ game; my behavior at my brother Kevin’s wedding; my attempted suicide, etc. But I have to live with the consequence of these actions.  Or do I?

U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk has turned back time and invalidated the FDA decision in 2000 to tentatively approve  mifepristone; its decision in 2016 when it relaxed restrictions on the medication, citing its safety, efficacy and minuscule rate of adverse incidents; its decision in  2019 to approve a generic version of mifepristone, and its later decisions after easing some requirements during the pandemic, by permanently lifting the in-person dispensing requirement, allowing the medication to be prescribed through telehealth appointments, dispensed at retail pharmacies and sent through the mail.

I did not know you could turn back time.  Excuse me while I go see Judge Kacsmaryk. Then I intend to borrow his Way Back machine and do something about that Hitler fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment