Friday, August 14, 2020

Black Lives Matter

I Will Always Love You

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
And I wish to you joy and happiness
But above all this, I wish you love

If we are our best, not only black lives will matter. All lives will matter

I thought that my admiration for Dolly Parton had no bounds, but it just reached a whole other level.  Despite not wishing to upset her fans, many of whom do not approve of the Black Lives Matter protests, Dolly recently said that “Of course black lives matter.  Do we think our little white a**es are the only ones that matter?”   She renamed her Dixie Stampede just the Stampede years ago. She said  that " As soon as you realize that [something] is a problem, you should fix it. That's were my heart is.  I would never dream of hurting anyone on purpose."

The song “I Will Always Love You” is Dolly’s resignation letter to her longtime boss Porter Wagner.  My own resignation letters have never sounded as beautiful and I admit that I have not always wished my old bosses love.   Black Lives Matter doesn’t say that White Lives Don’t Matter.  It says that All Lives Matter, but Black Lives are in danger.  That is the problem and we should fix it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment