Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Mathematics

 

Would I Lie to You?

Would I lie to you?
Would I lie to you honey?
(Now honey would I lie to you?)
Now would I say something that wasn't true?
I'm asking you sugar
Would I lie to you?

If you use Mathematics, we don’t have to doubt, you CAN'T lie to me.

I have claimed that you can’t lie when you use mathematics.  Not only is such common a saying as “The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend” provably false with mathematics, https://dbeagan.blogspot.com/2022/04/twitter.html, but this is true for other common sayings as well. 

“The ends justify the means” is not true in mathematics.  If a minus sign, a negative is bad, then while -5 * -5=25   creates a positive, but the ends, -5 and -5, are still negatives.

 “All is fair in love and war” is not true.  If Fair + Not Fair=All, then this is only True if Not Fair = 0, or Fair=0 in Love and War.  “Fair is foul,  Foul is fair” indeed. 

 “Might is Right” is not true.  Unless Right is wholly contained in Might,  if Might is ever Not  equal to Right then the statement is false. For “Might for Right” to be true, Right and Might only have to intersect.

No comments:

Post a Comment