Sunday, April 7, 2024

Regulations

 

This is Me

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out I am brave, I am bruised I am who I'm meant to be, this is me

Why did I do what I did?

I got into my field because I wanted to serve a group by explaining why large groups of individuals make the decisions they do.  See the first few episodes of Foundation on Apple TV+.  I wanted to be Hari Sheldon.  I learned at college that transportation played this game.

I also learned that it is never a binary choice.  It is a choice among at least three things.  Thus not unregulated capitalism versus only regulated communism, but give the group the choice of regulated capitalism. 

There are things that should be functions of the group, e.g. health care, prisons, education. etc., that should never be delegated to subgroups (e.g. corporations) without regulation.  Similarly there are things that are functions of subgroups, (e.g. individuals, clubs) such as free speech, free press, freedom of religion, freedom to asemble, voting rights, etc. that should never be delegated to the group without regulation. Delegating without regulating is stupid.  You should NEVER be offended because you are being regulated.  You are being regulated NOT because the group doesn't trust you.  You are being regulated because the group doesn't trust the other guy.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkcdU4gxU38

 

No comments:

Post a Comment