Saturday, April 2, 2022

Republicans IV

 

Satisfaction

When I'm watchin' my TV
And a man comes on and tells me
How white my shirts can be
But, he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarettes as me

What kind of a man is a Republican?

·       “McConnell during a recent GOP lunch implored his caucus to reject Ketanji Brown Jackson's SCOTUS nomination.

·       He reportedly praised Judiciary Republicans for scrutinizing the judge's sentencing history, per The Hill.

·       Sen. Susan Collins is currently the only Republican who plans to vote for Jackson's confirmation.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is pressing his GOP caucus to vote against confirming Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, according to The Hill.” https://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-pressing-gop-senators-oppose-161708443.html

Let me get this straight. 

·       You can’t be a Republican if you vote to approve the nomination of Ketanji Brown Jackson. 

But

·       You can be a Republican if you say Republicans have sex orgies and consume bumps of cocaine. 

·       You can be a Republican if you say that the Capitol Riot of January 6, 2010 was “legitimate political discourse”. 

·       You can be a Republican if you say that “there were fine people on both sides” in the Charlottesville March of August of 2017.

·       You can be a Republican if you say that Jewish Space Lasers started California wildfires

·       You can be a Republican if you  post an animated video that depicts the killing of a Democratic congresswoman and attacking Joe Biden.

I guess being a Republican doesn’t mean the same thing to Senator McConnell, that it does to me.  He probably doesn’t “smoke the same cigarettes as me” either.

No comments:

Post a Comment