Friday, January 5, 2024

Absolutely

 

My Back Pages

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms quite clear, no doubt, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now

Life is NOT a battle between Good and Bad.

Good and bad are relative terms, just like odd and even; black and red; chaos and order; Republican and Democrat; less filling and tastes great, etc.  An absolute has no relative terms.  It is the unity of all of those relative terms.  That is why, in mathematics, infinity is both odd and even. This is also not a new concept, it is a New Testament concept that goes back almost 2000 years,  Gal 3:28.  The distinction really is between an absolute and no absolute.  Thus the choice is not good or bad. It is good, bad or nothing.  Trying to make it as if the choice ss only between good and bad is trying to deceive.  Be younger than that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment