Thursday, June 27, 2024

Facts

 

I Second That Emotion

Oh, but if you feel like lovin' me
If you got the notion
I second that emotion
Said, if you feel like giving me a lifetime of devotion
I second that emotion

Are you thinking emotionally or intellectually?

The late Senator Daniel Moynihan famously said that “You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.”  Opinions are the result of emotional thinking. Facts are the result of intellectual thinking.

I understand this is hard. Emotionally I am convinced that when I ride a roller coaster I am going to die. Intellectually I know that I am perfectly safe. So emotionally I scream in fear, even though intellectually I know I should not scream. Rather than believing alternative facts, also known as lies, please think intellectually, not emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment